Monday, July 11, 2005

More rumors as well as a 2007 recruiting board update

I know people are getting sick of hearing about WCHA players leaving(I'm working on that Tech preview, I promise), but I don't make the news, I just report it. There's a "Michael Gergen to Everett of the WHL" rumor floating out there, but as of right now, it doesn't look all that credible. Gergen was the 10th ranked forward on Western College Hockey's list of 2005 recruits. I'll keep an eye on out, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up Duluth.

A slightly more credible rumor is Ohio State back-up goalie and sophomore-to-be Ian Kesserich leaving Ohio State for Plymouth of the OHL. Kesserich is a talented goalie, but will be stuck behind incumbent starter Dave Caruso again next year. In 2006, Ohio State will bring in Joe Palmer, the best goalie in that class, who will likely win the starting spot. It sounds as though Plymouth would have a lot of ice time for him next year if he bolted. Right now, the odds of him leaving are probably 50/50.

My journey to the Select 17 festival helped me add to the 2007 Top Prospects list as well. I've added the following names to the list: Ben Ryan(USHL, Notre Dame), Carter Camper(NAHL), Aaron Marvin(MN HS), Corey Toy(USHL), and Ben Youds(MN HS, MSU-M)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dustin gazley -sioux city -ushl, has gave a verbal committment to play at michigan state univ. for the 2007 hockey year, good luck dustin.