Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Linkorama

This is definitely the busiest time of the year for college hockey and there's a lot of interesting stuff out there.

Clarkson Hockey Fans had an excellent post about the ridiculous cost of attending NCAA regionals. There's really no reason for tickets to be that expensive. Not only does it hurt the growth of the game, but what's the purpose of having collegiate sports if you're going to price most college students out of attending these events?

I'm feeling foolish for not having linke Runnin' with the Dogs earlier in the season. There's some good stuff over there. First off, there's a creative
Final Five recap. Followed by the, I can't believe I'm actually going to link to this, All-WCHA-Hottie team, if you're into that sort of thing. While I can neither confirm nor deny any of the picks, I will endorse the selections just because it's one of the few times you'll see three Minnesota State Mavericks get named to an all-whatever team. Finally, there was a post about the Hobey Baker Finalists. Kind of boring, but the headline made me laugh.

If you're looking for NCAA tournament coverage, you read about the games this weekend from the perspective of Colorado College, Wisconsin, and Michigan

Goon's World even previews the imminent North Dakota/Minnesota match-up. Normally the gods would punish this sort of foolishness, but he's probably right.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a monkey at the zoo could randomly make better preditions than Goon based on Goon's sorry posting history.

DC said...

Chris, if you send me this kind of traffic, you are going to get the Blogger Hottie of the Year award.

Eric J. Burton said...

We will see what happens come friday and saturday, I have a bet with a buddy that happens to be a goofer fan and if the Sioux lose I have to wear a Gopher uniform to the bar. God, I hope I don't have to do that. That being said if the Sioux win he has to wear a Sioux jersey.

satnu said...

I like your summary of the UM game. Go Blue! Dump the Souixage! Home is not that good to them.

RWtD: Kinda like Princess Kay of the MilkyWay award? Butter? Better?

Goon: Re-Read the Friday posts from the loss to the LandCows. (H)Jeckel and (J)Hide team! 2 wins does not a champion make! Who do they play Friday night?11>7 Not MN.

Go HolyCross!

Eric J. Burton said...

First of Wisconsin also lost to the LandCows from down on the farm in Mancowta. I wouldn't have been surprised if UMN would have lost to the Landcows if they had played the goofers again.

Second Michigan is has 9 NCAA titles and UND has 7 titles.

We can talk about it all we want but UND won the Final Five, they have a better goalie and I hope our teams play again at the Ralph.

I know that I have more confidence in Parise's ability that Briggs.

Eric J. Burton said...

Battle Hymn,
Fair enough, but this is why we play the games. We will see come Saturday night if true.

Eric J. Burton said...

Battle Hymn,
Did you want to add anymore comments to this thread.