Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bonus Linkorama

Quick addendum for stuff that didn't make it on the last post:

I chime in on college hockey's APR success.

The Gopher Puck Blog is on top of the Star-Tribune's All-Metro hockey teams. It's pretty hard to argue with any of their picks.

A couple new blogs made the Blogs I Read list. The first is obviously my other blog. Just it's not a senseless self-promotion, I'll add that if any aspiring writers write something and they'd like me to post, I'd be happy to. The good news is that you don't have to feel intimidated since I think I've set the bar pretty low.

The Detroit Blog is a pretty interesting look at the Detroit and the city's history.

The Double A Zone is the NCAA's official blog(not to be confused with the Double D Zone, which is a different kind of website altogether). I found it pretty interesting though. There's a weekly conversation with NCAA president Myles Brand. One feature I also found extremely helpful is that posts are archived by topic, for easy searching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About the article on "college hockey's APR"

I agree with this, but I think another possible reason is that hockey is a somewhat expensive sport in most of the country. It is mostly played by kids coming from middle to high income families. That being said, these families come from higher educational backgrounds and probably stress academics little more than others. This is my 2 cents and take it FWIW

Chris said...

That is another excellent point, that I would agree with.