Thursday, October 20, 2005

Link Round-Up

I need a cool name for this feature, and I got nothing. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it. Anyway, it's been a busy week for me, so this is a little in coming, but it's finally here.

First off, congratulations to fellow blogger Bruce Ciskie, for embarking on new adventure for me to mock, but silently respect. Best of luck in the booth, buddy, and we'll discuss a possible on-air plug for Western College Hockey later.

Do you remember way back to that time long ago called Last Weekend? If you need help remembering, The Blog that Yost Built has a weekend recap to help you. Among other things, he talks about Michigan's wins over Boston College and Merrimack. Also, apparently some Italian fellow named Mario did something in a football game. Who knew?

Ann Arbor will look a little bit like St. Paul this weekend, as a large

statue of Charlie Brown dressed in Michigan hockey gear, will be on display in the Yost Ice Arena lobby. The statue is commemorate Red Berenson's annual participation in Charles Schulz's "Snoopy" Hockey tournament held every summer.

If you think I'm a little biased for starting this off with two Michigan stories, just wait to see what I have planned if Michigan's super mystery recruit turns out to be '07 prospect Pat Kane.

The UAF Hockey Blog had way too many good articles for me to link just one, so I suggest just going over there and reading them all.

Let's Go DU also had some great posts this week, but the most thorough and informational among them was his weekend recap of Denver getting swept at Maine.

Like the UAF Hockey Blog,

MavRick's UNO Hockey Blog had a ton of posts linking to interesting articles about the Mavericks winning the Stampede and Alex Nikiforuk scoring his team's first four goals on the season.

The DECC is Stacked has an interesting feature going on this year where he is trying to chronicle the wins and losses of every hockey team in the state of Minnesota.

Finally, the LSSU Hockey Blog has a preview for Lake State's series this weekend. LSSU is having another special event this weekend called Great Lake State Weekend. If you look closely at this point, first, in the picture, who do you think is less all there mentally. Crazy Frank Anzalone or Reagan? I think it's a tough call. I can only imagine the conversation they had. Also, if you notice at the bottom of the article, the GLSW will feature something called "bovine bingo". I think anyone within 100 miles of this event has to go, if only for that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maize - I changed the format of my journal, which should be better for you to link to. On the left side on the summary is the subject line of each entry. If you click the subject line it'll take you to that entry so if you link to that web address it'll link directly to the article you're talking about. Should be better. Keep up the good work.

BTW - I'm probably going to check out Cleveland tonight in the NAHL showcase, I'll let you know if I do.

Anonymous said...

Instead of link roundup, you should call it "Linkorama" or "Abraham Linkin'" :p

Anonymous said...

The link to my NAHL writeup is:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/fulldecc/47443.html