Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Official WCH 2005 Pick'em Contest

Since it worked for Seinfeld, I figured why not have a little contest of my own. I’ve come up with a list of ten questions for readers to take a stab at. It’s ok if you have no clue about some of this stuff. Just take a wild guess. I’ll keep tabs on the entries throughout the year, and whoever has the most points at the end of the season will win a prize of my choosing.(I make no guarantees about the quality of said prize, but I’ll keep my eye out for something cool) If the response to this idea is good, I’ll put one up every week during the season with weird proposition bets about that week's games and the winner receiving some sort of recognition. All entries must be emailed to me at hornethockeystar1212@hotmail.com Best of luck.

1. Who will be the next player on the 2007 Recruiting Board(as of 8/24/05) to commit to a college? (5 points)
2. Who will be the next player to commit for the class of 2008? (6 points)
3. Will Sam Gagner choose to play in the OHL or college hockey? (1 point)
4. Will Brendan Smith choose to play in the OHL or college hockey? (1 point)
5. Choose a destination for the following players(1 point if you have the correct conference, 2 bonus points for picking the correct school):

A. Ryan Flynn
B. Michael Forney
C. Chad Morin
D. Brian Lebler
E. Pat Kane
F. CJ Severyn
G. Ryan Hayes
H. Dan Durham
I. Kevin Shattenkirk
J. Wilson Ngai

6. Will any of the players that are currently committed to colleges(not counting Anthony Peluso) back out of their commitments to play to play in the CHL? (1 point)
7. Who will score more points in the 2005-2006 season? Phil Kessel or Lake Superior’s freshmen class? (1 point)
8. Which goalie will appear in the most games for Miami this season? Steve Hartley, Charlie Effinger, or Jeff Zatkoff? (1 point)
9. Will there be more of less than 7 players at Shattuck-St. Mary’s that have committed to colleges by the end of December? (1 point)
10. Who will be the first collegiate 2005 NHL draft pick to sign a pro contract, besides Jack Johnson?( 3 points)

No comments: